Kion respects the privacy needs and concerns of our customers. Any personal information, such as your name, address, email address or phone number that you provide is extremely important to us. To earn your trust, we respect your privacy in handling Personal Information relating to you and your transactions with us, whether made through our Call Center or through GetKion.com. This Privacy Statement describes the Personal Information we gather about you, what we do with it, the safeguards we have in place to protect it, and how you can control our use of it. By visiting or using the Sites, you agree, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by this Privacy Statement, and you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Statement.
When you provide Personal Information to our Call Center or our website, you are consenting to the manner in which Kion will collect, use, disclose, and otherwise manage your Personal Information, as set out below.
Who May Use the Site
The Site is not intended or designed to attract users under the age of 18. We do not collect Personal Information from any person we know to be under the age of 18. If you are under 18, we ask that you not send us any Personal Information.
The Site is intended for users from the United States and those not governed by privacy policies of other countries. Users from the European Union are advised not to disclose Personal Information to Kion. Information sent to us will be housed on servers located in the state of Colorado, in the United States. Do not send us information unless you consent to the application of U.S. law and to the use and disclosure of your information consistent with this Privacy Statement.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you or is reasonably linked to you. The personal information we collect may include contact and payment information like your name, email and physical addresses, phone numbers, and credit or debit card information. When you ask us to ship an order, we may collect information you provide us such as the name, address, and phone number of the recipients. For certain transactions, we may be required to collect information to comply with legal requirements.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Kion uses your information to offer and provide our products and services, and to support our core business functions. These include order or service fulfillment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication, fraud prevention, and legal functions. Some examples include, but are not limited to:
- Purchasing, ordering, returning, exchanging or requesting certain information about our products, and communicating with you about these activities;
- Registering or servicing your account;
- Contacting our Call Center, Chat Support/Online Chat, or Customer Service Desk;
- Visiting, registering (creating an account), or servicing your account with our Sites or participating in another feature of our Sites, such as our opt-in, refer a friend program, affiliate program, coaching services and inner circle registration.;
- Entering into a contest, sweepstakes, promotion, or responding to one of our surveys;
- Sending you information about our products, services, and promotions;
- Submitting a Kion related story, product testimonial, rating or review, or other user-generated content that may be posted on the site;
- Providing customer service and alert you to product information, including recalls;
- Providing us with comments or suggestions; or
- Otherwise submitting personal information to us along with any related content of the communication.
We may collect and store the following personally identifiable information:
- Email address, physical contact information, and shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
- Clicks and page information such as the address (or URL) of the website that you came from before visiting our site, which pages you visit on our site, which browser you used to view our site and any search terms you have entered on our site;
- Chat session information for customers using our Live Chat Service, which is logged for quality control purposes but not linked to your individual pharmacy record;
- Customer service history including dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us;
- Other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- Information you choose to provide through the linking of devices where you are actively choosing to share personal information, including health information, to interact with an application or program we host on our site;
- Information you choose to allow us access to through social media channels;
- Information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data.
We may also collect Personal Information about you from our Service Providers who provide us with e-commerce related services related to the Sites.
Shopping at GetKion.com
If you use a credit or debit card for any of your purchases, we will collect your credit or debit card information and keep a history of your purchases. We use this information to process your orders and to better assist you when you contact us.
When you return previously purchased merchandise or request a refund or exchange, you may be asked to give your name, address, phone number and provide information that identifies you, such as your credit card or debit card. We collect this information to help prevent fraud.
When you call our Call Center about a product, delivery, billing question or for customer service, you may be asked for Personal Information that identifies you along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question, such as your name and address and a phone number where we might contact you. We may retain this information to assist you in the future.
Registration is an optional OR required service provided by our Sites. You do not have to register to browse on our Sites, but you do have to register to purchase products on our Sites. When you register, you are asked for information such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, a password that you select, and your interests, if you choose to register them. Your registration information may be used to help make your online shopping quicker and easier, by pre-filling certain parts of your shopping information. When you register you will have the opportunity to sign up for future marketing information from Kion.
Contests, Questions, or Surveys
When you ask a question, participate in a survey, enter one of our contests or sweepstakes, or participate in a Kion sponsored event through our Sites, we may collect your name, address, phone number and e-mail address. We use this information to administer your participation in such contests, sweepstakes, or events. At the time you are entering a contest, sweepstakes, or event, we may ask your permission to send you future marketing information from Kion.
Other Uses of Personal Information
Kion also uses Personal Information, including information provided to us from our Service Providers, to continually assess and improve the products and services we offer. To serve you better, we may combine the Personal Information that you give us with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross-reference with our marketing partners and others. We use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about our products and events that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional purposes.
Promotional Information and Marketing Materials
We would like to inform you of products and services, sales, and special offers that might benefit you. When you register online or participate in a survey, you will have the opportunity to sign up for e-mails about our products, services, sales and special offers. We may also send you mail, email, or call you with information about our product and service offerings if you have provided us with your name and address, email address or phone numbers. If you would like to stop receiving such promotional information from Kion, please see the “Privacy Preferences/Opt-Out” section of this Privacy Statement.
Access to Personal Information by Companies that Work with or on Behalf of Kion
Some of our operations, such as our electronic commerce, may be managed by Service Providers who are unaffiliated companies. These companies may share Personal Information with their affiliates and service providers whom they engage to perform services related to our Sites or the operation of our business. Examples of these services include payment processing and authorization, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, order fulfillment and shipping, marketing and promotional material distribution, Web site evaluation, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing. These companies may have access to your Personal Information on a confidential basis only to the extent necessary to perform their functions. In no event will we authorize these companies to use your Personal Information for any reason other than to provide you with those specific services.
If your purchases are being shipped to you, your shipping information will be shared with our delivery service providers (U.S. Postal Service, UPS, or other delivery companies we or you select). Our delivery service providers are asked not to use your Personal Information for any purpose other than making the delivery.
Sale of Business
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell, buy, or transfer assets. In such transactions, customer information (which includes your Personal Information) generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that Kion or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets and is permissible under law.
Disclosures of Personal Information in Legal Proceedings
If Kion or any of our Service Providers is requested by law enforcement officials or judicial authorities to provide Personal Information on individual users, Kion or the applicable Service Provider may, without your consent, provide such information. In matters involving claims of personal or public safety, Kion or the applicable Service Provider may provide your Personal Information to appropriate authorities without your consent or court process. Kion or our Service Providers also will provide your Personal Information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or in litigation involving Kion, the applicable Service Provider, or otherwise as required by law. We may also disclose Personal Information to assist in debt collection where you owe a debt to us.
Access to Personal Information
You may request access to the Personal Information that we have about you. If you are a registered user with our Sites, you can access your profile information at any time by clicking on the “My Account” link at the top of any page on the Sites on which you registered.
For further instructions on accessing the Personal Information that Kion may have about you, please see the “Contacting Us” section of this Privacy Statement.
You may change your marketing preferences or remove yourself from our mailing list by clicking on an “unsubscribe” hyperlink contained in promotional emails we send you or by contacting us at: Kion, 3980 North Broadway, Suite 103-183, Boulder, Colorado 80304, Attn: Privacy Manager or by e-mailing us at [email protected].
Information Sharing Disclosure Requests
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request one Notice of Information-Sharing Disclosure per year which will identify the third parties with whom Kion or any of our affiliates has shared the Personal Information we have collected from you. You may request the Notice of Information-Sharing Disclosure by writing to us at. Kion, 3980 North Broadway, Suite 103-183, Boulder, Colorado 80304, Attn: Privacy Manager or by e-mailing us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request for a Notice of Information-Sharing Disclosure within 30 days.
Additional Information about Our Sites
Visiting Our Site
In general, you can visit our Sites without telling us who you are or providing us with any information. However, we collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Sites and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Sites. We use this information to monitor and improve our Sites.
Automated Information Collection
We receive and store certain types of information when you interact with our websites, emails, and online advertising. Our purpose is to allow the websites to work correctly, to evaluate use of the website, and to support website analytics and marketing campaigns. Some examples include:
- We may collect technical information such as your internet protocol address, your device operating system and browser type, the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our websites.
- Allowing you to enter your password less frequently
- Remembering your preferences
- Presenting information that's targeted to your interests
- Measuring the effectiveness of our sites, services, content, and advertising
- We may also use web beacons. A “web beacon” is an electronic image placed in the code of a web page. Beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our website and other sites were effective. We use web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page to another and to improve site performance.
Cookies and Tracer Tags
Our Sites use a technology called “cookies”. A cookie is a tiny element of data that our Sites can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive so we can recognize you when you return. All pages on our Sites where you are prompted to log in or that are customizable require that you accept cookies. If you have registered with our Sites, these cookies (1) may let us know who you are, (2) are necessary to access your account information (stored on our computers) in order to deliver products and personalized services, and (3) will provide us and our Service Providers with information that we will use to personalize our Sites in accordance with your preferences. Cookies are also required to optimize your shopping experience in that they allow you to add multiple items to your shopping basket before checking out. You may set your Web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. However, should you decide not to accept cookies from our Sites, you will limit the functionality we can provide when you visit our Sites.
Tracer Tags: Our Sites may also use a technology called “tracer tags.” These may also be referred to as “Clear GIFs” or “Web Beacons”. This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on our Sites. These tracer tags are used to help us optimize and tailor our Sites for you and other future website visitors.
We Also Use the Following Tools
- Google Analytics – This is a web analytics tool by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, California 94043, United States, hereinafter referred to as “Google”, to record your online activities on our site and to determine how many users are visiting us, what contents of our page are viewed, and how many times. The evaluation is done anonymously. Google Analytics cookies, including the Google Analytics tool “anonymous IP address” and usage data, are usually transmitted to a Google server in the United States and stored there. For further information, please refer to https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de. At https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de. Google Analytics offers the option to opt out of data collection.
- Google AdWords – This is used to record website visits for advertising purposes (remarketing) in Google and in the Display Network. When you visit a website, your browser saves cookies that allow you to be recognized as a visitor when you visit websites that belong to Google's advertising network. On these pages, ads that relate to content that you previously viewed on other websites that use Google's remarketing function can be presented to you as a visitor. You can opt out of data collection by Google AdWords on the website http://www.google.com/settings/ads
- Microsoft Clarity – We collect non-personal information, including standard internet log information and details of your behavioral patterns when you visit our website. This is done to enable to provide you with a better user experience, to identify preferences, to diagnose technical problems, to analyze trends and to improve our website. The following information may be collected related to your device and browser: device’s IP address (captured and stored in an anonymized form), device screen resolution, device type (unique device identifiers), operating system, and browser type, geographic location (country only), preferred language used to display our website. The following information is collected related to your user interaction: mouse events (movements, location and clicks), keypresses. For a sampling of visitors, Clarity also records information which is collected from our website: referring URL and domain, pages visited, geographic location (country only), preferred language used to display our website, date and time when the website pages were accessed. You can opt out of Clarity telemetry by going to this page and selecting "Microsoft".
- Facebook Pixel — We use the “Facebook Pixel” by Facebook Inc., 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94304, United States(“Facebook”) on our website. This is a cookie (i.e., a small text file that is stored on your computer and can be accessed again later). We track all visitors to our BenGreenfieldFitness.com and GetKion.com websites. Thereafter, we send advertisements from our Ben Greenfield Fitness and Kion Facebook pages to our visitors. In addition, for visitors who have opted into our informational and marketing email lists (Ben Greenfield Fitness and Kion), we provide Facebook ads to these individuals. With the Facebook pixel, actions of users can be tracked after they have seen or clicked on a Facebook ad. This allows us to track the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us, in other words, it does not provide any information on the identity of the users. However, the data is stored and processed by Facebook, so that a connection to the respective user profile is possible and Facebook can use the data for its own advertising purposes, according to the Facebook Data Policy (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/). You can allow Facebook and its partners to display ads on and off Facebook. A cookie may also be stored on your computer for these purposes. By using the website, you agree to the use of the visitor action pixel.
- Sharing - The website contains “Share” buttons for the social networks Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, California 94107, United States, XING, which is operated by XING AG, Dammtorstrasse 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany, LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, United States, Facebook, 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94304, United States, and GooglePlus of the social network Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043, United States. In addition, there is also a “Share” button for e-mail. The “Share” buttons can be recognized by their respective logos. All “Share” buttons are set up in compliance with data protection requirements. A direct connection between your browser and the server of the operator of the respective social network is established only when you click on the respective “Share” button on this website (and only then). According to the operators of the social networks mentioned, no personal data is collected by the social networks without a click on the respective “Share” button. Only data of logged-in Distributors and Customers, , including the IP address, is collected and processed. If you do not wish to associate your visit to our website with your user account of the respective social network, please log out of the user account of that social network. We do not receive any information regarding the content of the data transmitted and its use by the social networks. For more information about the use of data by the social media networks, please refer to the privacy policies of the social networks mentioned.
Security of Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of Personal Information in our custody and control. We also are committed to employing reasonable technology in order to protect the security of our Sites. However, even with the best technology, no website is 100% secure. We will take reasonable measures which we believe are appropriate to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction, and, where possible, will ask that any third parties to whom we may transfer such information to take comparable steps to protect that security.
When you place orders on our Sites, all of your order information, including your card number and delivery address, is transmitted through the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL technology causes your browser to encrypt your order information before transmitting it to our secure server. SSL technology, an industry standard, is designed to prevent someone other than operators of our Sites from capturing and viewing your Personal Information. Since any order information you provide to us on our Sites will be transmitted using a secure connection, if your Web browser cannot support this level of security, you will not be able to order products through our Sites. The most recent versions of Google Chrome, Netscape Navigator, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Internet Explorer can support a secure connection and can be downloaded for free from the Google, Netscape, Apple, or Microsoft website respectively.
To provide you with an increased level of security, online access to your Personal Information is protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. Kion will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (including unsolicited correspondence such as letters, phone calls or e-mail messages).
Our Privacy Statement and Outside Links
Privacy Statement Modifications
From time to time we may modify or amend this Privacy Statement in order to comply with new laws or regulations or to reflect future changes in our business practices. Any changes in our policies will be communicated in this page so please check back on occasion. We also may post a notice on our Sites or send an email describing the changes.
If you have any questions about our handling of Personal Information, please contact us at Kion, 3980 North Broadway, Suite 103-183, Boulder, Colorado 80304, Attn: Privacy Manager or e-mail us at [email protected].
Last Updated: October 4, 2017